Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage or Champissage is based on the ancient Indian Ayurvedic healing system. It has been practised in India for over a thousand years. In India they believe massaging their heads with natural vegetable oils keeps their hair healthy and strong. Massaging the scalp stimulates the flow of blood to the follicles, improving the supply of nutrients needed for healthy hair growth. Today the common cause of poor blood flow is stress generated muscle tension, by helping dispel such tension, head massage not only proves an invaluable treatment but helps releive stress linked problems like headaches, eye strain, neck and shoulder stiffness.
How does it work?
The head, neck and shoulders are important energy centres within your body, if you are stressed or anxious, tension tends to accumulate. Indian Head Massage involves working with a strong, but gentle rhythm helping to unknot blockages and release tension, this effect is not just physical, it also works on an emotional level, calming the spirit, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
Physical and mental benefits
- Relief of neck and shoulder stiffness
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down
- Dispersal of toxins
- Loosens the scalp
- Increases oxygen uptake in tissues
- Improves circulation of blood, providing extra oxygen to the brain
- Promotes hair growth
- Helps relieve eye strain and headaches
- Helps with mental tiredness
- Improves concentration
- Relief from mental and emotional stress
- Relaxation of the whole person
For information about Indian Head Massage courses visit: www.indianheadmassage.co.nz